Monday, February 8, 2010

Strawberry Filled Heart Cookies


Last Sunday was fun for me because I was able to bake this Filled Cookies which I haven't done for a decade or so. It came out so well, the sweetness was just right. This gave me a feeling of joy and fulfillment with my baking. :)

It's basic ingredient is 3/4-cup butter or margarine creamed with 1-cup sugar and 2-eggs. Then 3-1/2 cake flour with 3-tsp.baking powder and 1/2 tsp.salt sifted together then added to the creamed butter alternately with 1/3-cup milk, and half a tsp. vanilla.. I rolled it on the board, flatten it to 1/8 inch thickness. Using a round cookie cutter, I made some round cuts and placed them on cookie sheets. In the center, a teaspoonful of strawberry preserve is placed on top. Then, another cookie, with a bit of pressing at the center using a heart shaped cookie cutter, was placed on top. I then sealed the edges with fork and baked it at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.

What a delight to be able to share it to my family at the church.

(photo of the baked filled cookies by Mics Panlaqui)

No comments:

Post a Comment